Maker Shed's Follow, Tweet, (Maybe) Win an iPad Contest
One person will win a 32GB iPad with Make: The Complete Collection (PDF); 30 people will win a Maker's Notebook.
Want to enter? It's easy:
Step 1 - Follow us on twitter .
Don't forget to click once you're there.
Step 2 - Tweet this:
The folks @makershed are giving away an iPad! Follow @makershed and RT to enter. I just did! http://bit.ly/fW8WR1
Step 3 - That's it! We'll pick a winner from the entries tweeted by 11:59 PM PDT on March 31, 2011
Ok, there's a little more. Please take a moment to read the contest rules below, prepared by our very nice lawyers. (Unless you're thinking of suing us, in which case they're not very nice at all. And they have big sharp teeth.)
P.S. We like you. Why not like us on facebook ? Remember to click once you're there.
Maker Shed's "Follow, Tweet, (Maybe) Win an iPad Contest" SweepStakesThis promotion is intended for play and participation in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Please do not participate if you are not a legal resident of the United States at the time of entry.
IMPORTANT: Please read these Official Rules before entering Maker Shed's Follow, Tweet, (Maybe) Win an iPad Contest SweepStakes (the “Promotion”) sponsored by Maker Media, a division of O’Reilly Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”). By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 OR OLDER IN AL & NE, 18 OR OLDER IN ALL OTHER STATES). VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are of the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry (19 or older in AL and NE, 18 or older in all other states). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parents, children, sibling and their respective spouse) are not eligible to participate. Void outside of the United States and where otherwise prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Promotion begins at 12:01 AM PDT on February 24th, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM PDT on March 31, 2011 (“Promotion Period”). You may enter the Promotion by , (1) signing into your Twitter account or, if you are not already a member, becoming a member of Twitter.com and signing into your account; (2) following Maker Shed on twitter (http://twitter.com/makershed) and (3) tweeting "The folks @makershed are giving away an iPad! Follow @makershed and RT to enter. I just did! http://bit.ly/fW8WR1 " Limit one entry per person/account. In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned to the account by Twitter. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
3. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: On or about April 12th, 2011, 1 Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the Promotion Period end date ( “Grand Prize Winner”) for the Grand Prize outlined in Section 4 of these Rules (“Grand Prize”). Thirty (30) Consolation Winners will be selected in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received by the Promotion Period end date (“Consolation Winners”) for the Consolation Prizes outlined in Section 4 of these Rules (“Consolation Prizes”). Grand Prize Winner and Consolation Winners are collectively hereinafter referred to as “Winners”, and Grand Prize and Consolation Prizes are collectively hereinafter referred as “Prizes”. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Winners will be notified on Twitter to the potential Winners’ account. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to the Twitter Direct Message function that may interfere with winner notification. To claim the prize, you will be required to provide your email address and your physical mailing address via a Direct Message to @Makershed. Selected Winner may be required to respond to Sponsors’ notification within 24 hours of notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize and, in such case, Sponsors may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. In no event will Sponsors reserve Prizes for any Selected Winner that does not respond timely to the notification. Selected Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) which must be completed and returned to Sponsor in the manner specified by Sponsors at the time the Selected Winner is notified. Failure to respond with the required information within this time period as required pursuant to these Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
4. PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): Grand prize Winner will receive a 32GB iPad with The Complete Make Magazine Collection on PDF. Total estimated retail value of Grand Prize is $798.99, Consolation Prizes (30): Consolation Prize Winners will each receive a Makers Notebook. Total estimated retail value of each Consolation Prizes Prize is $19.99 Estimated Total US Retail value of all Prizes: approximately $1400 USD. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Prizes may not be assigned or substituted, except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for an item of equal or greater value if the offered Prize is unavailable for any reason. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTBILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF PRIZE IS AT SELECTED WINNER’S OWN RISK. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Selected Winner.
5. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Promotion is subject to these Rules. By participating, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Rules, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Unless prohibited by law, Winners allow Sponsor to use Winners’ name and/or likeness, in any and all media, for any advertising, promotional, trade, or any other purpose, without further compensation to, or permission from, Winners. Grand Prize Winner may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, phone number, and/or with proof that such Grand Prize Winner is a United States resident and was at least the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion (i) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion; and/or (ii) to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor finds, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a Prize if, in its sole and absolute discretion, Sponsor determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor or users of Sponsor’s services. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
By participating in the Promotion or accepting a prize, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and each such company’s directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against claim or cause of action, including but not limited to personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use or misuse of any prize in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on rights of publicity, invasion of privacy, or defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive, or imputed), strict liability, product liability, contribution, or any other theory.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties will not be responsible for (1) any late, lost, or misrouted entries or errors in transmission; (2) any disruptions to Internet connection, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors; or (3) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. If for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as described in these Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
8. GOVERNING LAW: By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Sonoma County, California.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of the Winners’ list, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to O’Reilly Media, Inc., Attn: email@example.com, 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472. Requests must be received within sixty (60) days from the end of the Promotion Period, and responses will be mailed after the Prizes have been awarded.
11. SPONSORS’ ADDRESS: O’Reilly Media, Inc., 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472.
This Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2010 O’Reilly Media, Inc. The Make: and MakerShed trademarks are registered trademarks of O’Reilly Media, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.