This kit's perceptive little blue android is an excellent introduction to robot building.
This item is currently out of stock.
Product #: MSTW01
Tiny Wanderer Complete Kit - Originally built as a training robot for a lecture series conducted by the Dallas Personal Robotics Group, it has since been featured in MAKE, Volume 29 and has proved to be an excellent introduction into robot building.
The robot's controller is an AVR ATTINY microprocessor. It perceives the world using sensors made from low cost and easy to obtain discrete phototransistors and IR LEDs. Tiny Wanderer's code employs a programming construct called a state machine to govern its behavior. Our complete kit contains everything you need to build the Tiny Wanderer, including all the laser cut parts.
Got your own laser cutter? Lucky! Check out our Tiny Wanderer Parts Pack and cut your own plastic parts.
(20) 5/8 inch #4 screws
(18) 3/8 inch #4 screws
(22) #4 washers
(38) #4 nuts
(2) Small tie wraps
(1) O-Ring for inline skate wheel
(2) Skate bearings
(2) 1 inch long 5/16 inch bolts
(2) 5/16 inch nuts
(2) 12.5 inch pieces of 0.175 inch window screen spline
(2) Servo - Large Full Rotation
(1) Power switch
(1) 0.1 uF capacitor
(1) 100 uF capacitor (it can be a larger capacitive value)
(1) 10K ohm resistor
(1) 150 ohm resistor
(2) 100K ohm resistor
(1) Single row .1ï¾ pins (20pins)
(1) Female single row 8 pin connector (cut in two to make plugs for sesnors)
(1) AVR ATtiny 85
(1) 8 pin socket .3ï¾
(1) PCB 3 in 1 - Main board with two break off sensor boards
(2) EMITTER IR 3MM 940NM CLEAR
(2) PHOTOTRAN NPN 3MM IR DARK
(2) Ribbon cable 3 conductor 10ï¾
(1) 4x AA Battery holder
(1) Shrink tubing ~ 1ï¾
Laser Cut Plastic Parts
(2) Shelf side brackets
(1) Shelf Riser
(1) Sensor shelf
(2) Long sensor arm
(2) Short sensor arm
(1) Cross bar
(2) Caster sides
(1) Caster base
(1) Bearing retainer (large hole)
(1) Bearing retainer (small hole)
(8) Small plastic washers
(4) Large plastic washers
You might also like...