Information Maker Media gathers and tracks
Maker Media collects two kinds of information about users: 1) data that users volunteer by signing up to receive news and product information, entering contests, completing surveys, or buying directly from us; and 2) aggregated tracking data we collect when users interact with us.
We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you've requested and to fulfill orders. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
- When you sign up online to receive Maker Media newsletters, we never sell or rent your email address or other personally identifiable information you provide us under these circumstances.
- When you register for a Maker Media Event we will send you email announcements and updates about Maker Media conferences.
- When you order directly from us, we add you to our newsletters list, and we'll send you update emails and other marketing pieces.
- When you enter a contest or sweepstakes, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and communicate with entrants about the results.
- With third parties we retain to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, managing mailing lists, and delivering packages. These parties are restricted from using your information for any other purpose.
- We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Maker Media, our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated tracking information
We analyze visitors' use of our sites by tracking information such as pageviews, traffic flow, search terms, and click through. We use this information to improve our sites. We also share this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form with advertisers and other business partners. We do not share any information with advertisers that can identify an individual user.
Third Party Cookies
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
Third Party Advertising
The ads appearing on this Web site may be served by a Third Party Advertiser. Information about your visit to their site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you on this site.
Notification of Changes
How to update, correct, or delete your information
Email: To update or unsubscribe from our email newsletters or product announcements, send email to email@example.com.