Blend BLE Microcontroller
This integrated development board "blends" Arduino with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy into a single board. Great for quickly developing low power Internet-Of-Things (IoT) projects.
What happens when you combine Arduino with BLE? You get Blend, RedBearLab's integrated development board.
The Blend BLE Microcontroller "blends" Arduino with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (aka BLE or Bluetooth Smart) into a single board. It is perfect for makers who want to develop low-power Internet of Things (IoT) projects quickly and easily.
Blend is 100% compatible with sketches and Shields that work with Arduino Leonardo. The micro-controller unit (MCU) is Atmel ATmega32U4 and the BLE chip is Nordic nRF8001.
- Utilizes Nordic Bluetooth Smart SDK for Arduino
- Software development using Arduino IDE or codebender
- Supports 5V and 3.3V operating voltage
- Selectable REQN and RDYN pins, from pin 0 to 3, 6 to 11
- Flexible RF RESET pin, pin 4 or 5
- Besides the on-board PCB antenna, option to use SMA connector for external antenna (soldering is required)
- iOS 7
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5 (all models)
- iPod touch 5
- iPad 3/4/mini/Air
- Android 4.3 or above (4.4 recommended for stability) with Bluetooth 4.0 hardware support
- Nexus 4
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 7
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Nokia Lumia 630
- Windows 8.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle Mac OSX 10.9.2 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle Linux with BlueZ 5.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
Product Documentation / User GuideSee these RedBear resources