Make: DIY Drone and Quadcopter Projects - PDF
The best drone tutorials, projects, and commentary from the pages of Make: magazine in one spot.
It's time to get flying! The best tutorials, projects, and commentary on drones from the pages of Make: magazine are collected here to help you learn, build, and prepare for lift-off. Beginning with basics, you'll learn what a drone is, what the rules around Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) are, and how to use them. Once you have a solid background and understanding of this exciting hobby, you'll tackle state-of-the-art projects using fully illustrated, step-by-step instructions that show you how to build different drones from scratch. Drones have quite literally changed how we view our world. Learn to master them and then—let your imagination take flight!
- A Noodle Copter that uses an ordinary swimming pool toy for flight
- A Handycopter UAV that you can program to fly and take pictures
- A Waterproof Quadcopter built to capture surfing shots but great for any aquatic project you have in mind
- Drones that can really help others by supplies during wartime and other tragedies
- The tricky Tricopter, challenging to build and fly but rewarding for the expert views your camera will capture
The Editors of Make:
Make: unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a growing community of resourceful people who undertake amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and garages. Make: celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your will. The Make: audience continues to be a growing culture and community that believes in bettering ourselves, our environment, our educational system--our entire world. This is much more than an audience, it's a worldwide movement that Make: is leading--we call it the Maker Movement.