Makey:bit Adventure Board w/ micro:bit
Launch into the realm of coding and microcontrollers with our 'bot of many wonders, Makey, as your guide!
Oh hello there...BBC Micro:bit v.2 On-Board!
The Makey:bit Adventure Board superpowers your microcontrollers and projects.
Its fun robot form factor encourages unique projects and offers creative coding opportunities for all ages!
Make and control more cool stuff with easy connections for servos, sensors, screens, and more. Create your own animatronic character that responds to your voice, a little “Tamagotchi” robot friend, or go mobile and take the Makey bit:Mobile for a radio controlled spin!
- Makey:bit Adventure Board
- BBC micro:bit v.2
- Alligator Clips to Dupont (AC/M) x 5
- Alligator Clips to Dupont (AC/F) x 5
- LED 10mm x 2 (Red and Blue)
- Micro-USB cable
- Ages 8 and up
- Computer required for micro:bit, not included
- 3 AAA Batteries required for makey:bit, also not included
Visit the Makey:bit Homepage for more information, projects, more resources and check out our awesome array of free Makey:bit Skin Templates, featuring The Mum-Makey, FrankenMakey, Krampus, Race Team, Makey O'Reilly the Leprechaun, William Makespeare, Bunnie Rabbit and more!
What's it do?
- The micro:bit has lots of pins to control inputs and outputs (as many as 20!) but to make it as small as possible, the designers only made it easy to access three of those pins.
- With the Makey:bit, we can access another 9 pins (the others are already used by stuff on the micro:bit like the LEDs on the front and some of the sensors).
- Your Makey:bit makes it easy to make connections using alligator clips and pin connections for servo motors, Mini OLED displays, LEDs, NeoPixels® sensors & more. The onboard battery pack with on/off switch keeps your projects powered up on the go and can also provide direct access to battery power for motors or sensors that require 5V.
Makey:bit in Action
Jam out on your Makey:bit with your own cardboard “Axe”, cue up your Spotify™ playlist, and let DJ Makey run the show for your next party and gig, or use it to follow your favorite Twitter (@Make:), YouTube (@Make:) channels, or Instagram (@makemagazine) feeds and never miss a new video or photo release!
You can also learn math easily with AI, postures, and programming to play with fractions, use engineering to create a robotic tightrope walker, or make the Makey:bit into a scratch gamer motion controller to connect the real world with the digital world and level up!
Your Makey:bit comes in it's own eco-friendly container, or is it a docking station, or maybe a starship, it's up to you! Hack, craft, decorate or 'lectrify your Makey:bit's home base, there is a handy reference booklet and space to store accessories inside and the outer sleeve doubles as a stand!
Also compatible with these microcontrollers (sold separately):
- BBC Micro:bit (v.1)
- Adafruit CLUE
- BrainPad Pulse
- BrainPad Tick
- Pico:ed Board