The Marble Machine (Solar Powered)10 reviews
This miniature light-powered Marble Machine makes the perfect desktop distraction.
Harness the power of the sun for your own entertainment with this Marble Machine kit. Solarbotics has partnered with Martin Raynsford of the '365 Laser Cut Projects in 365 Days' to bring you his popular project the Solar Powered Marble Machine Kit.
The new and improved PCB board takes the energy from the solar cell, stores it and releases it in a pulse, making the gear wheel move, which eventually drops the marble down the spiral. In sunlight, the motor will pulse every few seconds, and drop a ball every minute. In indoor light, motor pulses will drop to every few minutes (be patient)! No patience? You can use the hand crank and see the marble drop.
- Includes all the parts necessary to build your own Marble Machine (except tools)
- Easy to build, with building notes engraved on pieces
- Works with or without sun (solar-powered or hand-cranked)
- Solder and Solderless versions available
What's in the Box
- Wooden parts to build machine body
- 3/8" steel balls for rolling
- GM9 motor
- #4x½" screws (x2)
- ⅜" balls (x7)
- 4700 μF capacitor
- PN222A transistor
- 381L trigger
- 6.8 μF capacitor
- 2-conductor wire
- Double-sided sticky tape
What You'll Need
- Philips #1 screwdriver
- Soldering Tools (Soldering Version)