The Useless Counter Machine Kit - Soldering Required
SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM THE VENDOR
Build your very own useless machine. Switch it on and watch it automatically switch itself off. On, off, on, off — get hours of entertainment!
What's more useless than a machine that you turn on and it turns itself off? A machine that also tells you how many times it's foiled your every attempt to turn it on!
The Useless Machine started out as a simple Instructable with a video, which quickly went viral. Since then the video has been viewed over 8.4 million times and the Machine has been featured in MAKE magazine and on the Colbert Report!
Now you can build your own Useless Machine with a counter that counts how many times it's been useless! Solder The Useless Machine control board, then go on to solder the counter circuit. The kit was designed with beginning makers in mind and features a custom circuit board to make soldering the electronics a breeze. Expect the assembly to take about an hour, and the fun to last indefinitely!
This version features laser cut acrylic hinges that offers years of trouble free operation. Make something useless today!
Note: Requires soldering and tools (not included).
- On-board counter that counts to 9999 uselessnesses.
- Easy to assemble
- Soldering required - Easy through hole parts
- Clean laser cut acrylic design.
- The motor and switch assembly is one piece (The motor, arm, both switches, LED lights and screw on battery terminals are all part of the same activation unit.)
- Two color LED arm lighting (Green LED while the arm is going up and red while it is going down
- Robust and smooth hinge design
What's in the Box
- Laser cut acrylic case, arm, and motor mount.
- Battery holder
- The main PCB and counter PCB with all of the components you need to solder
- Door pre assembled with robust 1/4" acrylic hinge
- Large Silicone non slip feet
- Hardware pack with screws, bolts, washers, stand-offs, Velcro and nuts
- 24 page downloadable build guide with tons of photos, as well as a guide for the counter assembly
What You'll Need
- Soldering Iron
- Flush Cutters
- Small size Phillips screw driver (x shape)
- Small size flat blade screw driver
- 3 AAA batteries