The Useless Machine Kit7 reviews
Build your very own useless machine. Switch it on and watch it automatically switch itself off. On, off, on, off — get hours of entertainment!
What's a useless machine? It's a machine that you turn on and it turns itself off. Why on earth would you want one? Because it's so darn entertaining! The Useless Machine started out as a simple Instructable with a video, which quickly went viral. Since then, the video has been viewed over 8.4 million times and the machine has been featured in Make: magazine and on the Colbert Report!
Now you can build your own Useless Machine with the Useless Machine kit. It features a laser cut acrylic case with a black acrylic "finger" and four metal hinges. The kit was designed with beginning makers in mind and features a custom circuit board to make soldering the electronics a breeze. Expect the assembly to take about an hour, and the fun to last indefinitely!
What's in the Box
- 39300 Black acrylic "Useless Box" construction set (with nut/bolt hardware)
- Motor set (GM3 Motor and Accessory Wheel)
- Double-pole, double-throw power switch
- Single-pole, double-throw retract limit switch
- 4-conductor ribbon wire
- AA (2) battery pack
- Double-sided sticky tape
- Miniature hinges (x4)
- #4 x 1/2" Motor-mounting screws (x2)
- #2-32 x 3/8" Limit switch / finger mounting screws (x5)
- #2 x 1/4" and #2 washer set for accessory wheel
- #4 x 3/8" Bolts and #4 nut sets (x22)
- #2 x 1/4" Hinge-mounting screws (x16)
- "Little Rubber Feet" to protect your Useless Box from abrasive counter tops! (x4)
What You'll Need
- Soldering iron
Product Documentation / User GuideInstruction Manual