Make: ReMaking History, Vol. 2 - PDF
The second volume of William Gurstelle's series on makers through the centuries focuses on the Industrial Revolution.
Industrial Revolutionaries is the second volume in William Gurstelle's unique three-part exploration of history's great inventors. Each chapter revisits the life and times of one of the forward-thinking revolutionaries who helped create the world we live in. You will not only learn about their great inventions, you'll also get step-by-step instructions for recreating them yourself. History will come to life as you have never experienced it before when you build it with your own hands. Be sure to check out Volume 1!
Inside this volume, you will discover:
- Joseph McKibben and the Air Muscle
- Squire Whipple and the Iron Bridge
- Abe Lincoln and the Campaign Torch
- Samuel Morse and the Telegraph
- J.F. Daniell and the Storage Battery
- Ben Franklin and the Leyden Jar
- Charles Goodyear and the Vulcanization of Rubber
Meet the Author
William Gurstelle is an American nonfiction author, magazine writer, and inventor. He is a feature columnist for Make: magazine and the Pyrotechnics and Ballistics Editor at Popular Mechanics magazine.