Make: Robot Flashlight - Stem Kit
Explore simple circuits by building a FUN-ctional robot flashlight made of laser cut wood that can be easily decorated with markers, paint, stickers, wherever your imagination takes you!
Explore simple circuits by building a FUN-ctional robot flashlight made of laser cut wood that can be easily decorated with markers, paint, stickers, wherever your imagination takes you! Classpacks available.
- 1 Battery Holder with battery
- 1 LED
- 2 Brass Brads
- 6” Copper Tape
- Laser Cut flashlight body
- Nylon screw and nut
Next Generation Science Standards that align with this project include:
- 2-PS1-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by their observable properties.
- 2-PS1-2. Analyze data obtained from testing different materials to determine which materials have the properties that are best suited for an intended purpose.
- 4-PS3-2 Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- 4-PS3-4. Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- 3-5-ETS1-2 Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
- 3-5-ETS1-3. Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.