Make: Getting Started with Making Bundle - Print
What will YOU make?
Now in its 16th year, Make: magazine leads and shapes the new Industrial Revolution that is the Maker Movement. We thank you for being a valued part of our community with this offer, celebrating the beginnings of Make: and the future we all make!
With article’s featuring beautiful how to illustrations and written by leading members of the Maker Community such as Charles Platt, Gareth Branwyn, Mark Frauenfelder, Limor Fried, Phil Torrone, Becky Stern, Lucas Weakley, Mister Jalopy, and many others, this project compendium offers the ideas you need to know to expand your knowledge as a Maker.
After two years, Make: became one of most celebrated new magazines to hit the newsstands, and certainly one of the hottest reads. If you're just catching on to the Make: phenomenon and wonder what you've missed, this book contains the best DIY projects from the magazine's first ten volumes -- a surefire collection of fun and challenging activities going back to Make's launch in early 2005 - 2008.
- Hack your gadgets and toys
- Program micontrollers to sense and react to things
- Take flight with rockets, planes, and other projectiles
- Make music from the most surprising of things
- Find new ways to take photos and make video
- Outfit yourself with the coolest tools
In Volume 2:
The second volume in our Best of Make: series, this collection gathers together the best projects published in Make: magazine from 2008 - 2015.
Ranging from advice on tools and hacks to step-by-step electronics projects to the exciting world of microcontrollers, this volume covers such personal fabrication technologies as 3D printing and CNC milling; the mechanics of robots and drones; the possibilities of music and audio; new advances in photography and video; plain old fun and games; and the pleasures of crafts and wearable technologies.
- Outfit your workshop and make some must-have tools
- Build electronic projects from actuators to antennae
- Make things with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Create drones and robots
- Build noisemaking projects and musical instruments
- Augment your photo and video capabilities
- Make your own food, soap, ink, and more!
Start Making! is a program developed by the Clubhouse Network to engage young people all over the world in Maker-inspired activities. With this guide, you will discover how to plan and coordinate Start Making! projects in your home, at your school or library, or in a community center, after-school club, or makerspace. Each chapter includes a list of supplies you’ll need, step-by-step instructions for completing the projects, and prompts for stimulating discussion, curiosity, and confidence. These fun do-it-yourself (and do-it-together) projects teach fundamental STEAM concepts — science, technology, engineering, art, and math — while introducing young people to the basics of circuitry, design, coding, crafting, and construction.
• Make paper cards and creations that light up
• Play music using a MaKey MaKey keyboard and Scratch programming
• Join together to make paintings with light
• Design and construct 3D sculptures
• Build a vibrating art-bot that makes drawings
• Sew fabric creations with wearable circuits