Make: Make a Mind-Controlled Arduino Robot - Print
Build a robot that plays sounds, blinks lights and reacts to signals from an EEG headband.
DIY Make a Mind-Controlled Arduino Robot - Build a robot that responds to electrical activity in your brain it's easy and fun. If you're familiar with Arduino and have basic mechanical building skills, this book will show you how to construct a robot that plays sounds, blinks lights and reacts to signals from an affordable electroencephalography (EEG) headband. Concentrate and the robot will move. Focus more and it will go faster. Let your mind wander and the robot will slow down.
Youll find complete instructions for building a simple robot chassis with servos, wheels, sensors, LEDs and a speaker. You also get the code to program the Arduino microcontroller to receive wireless signals from the EEG. Your robot will astound anyone who wears the EEG headband.
This book will help you:
- Connect an inexpensive EEG device to Arduino
- Build a robot platform on wheels
- Calculate a percentage value from a potentiometer reading
- Mix colors with an RGB LED
- Play tones with a piezo speaker
- Write a program that makes the robot avoid boundaries
- Create simple movement routines