Make: Fun! - Print
This lavishly illustrated book has more than 40 fun projects perfect for ages 8 and up.
Professional toy inventor Bob Knetzger, whose creations have appeared on TV and in millions of cereal boxes, shares his secrets for turning everyday materials into toys, games, and clever amusements. This lavishly illustrated book is packed with more than 40 projects that show you how to work with simple electronics, mold and sculpt plastics, create your own metal forge, build toys that demonstrate scientific principles, and more. Take a fascinating look back at a classic toys and games that include View-Master, Vac-U-Form, and Thingmaker. Discover how to make your own 3D camera and View-Master reels, as well as your own “meta” toys that make other toys. When you make your own vacuum mold creator and a hot-wire cutter for slicing foam, the creativity never ends!
• Diving Spudmarine A toy submarine you make from a potato
• E-Z-Make A light-bulb-powered crafting oven in a paint can
• Magical Music Maker Recreate a classic one-chip musical toy
• Mad Monster Game Do you dare to snatch his candy?
• Colorful Comic Kaleidoscope A self-illuminated comic viewer
• Electronic Dice Challenge Can you solve it?
• Talking Booby Trap Trick ‘em with your voice!
• Edible Optics Cast a working lens that you can eat
Meet the Author
Bob Knetzger is a designer/inventor/musician whose award-winning toys have been featured on The Tonight Show, Nightline, and Good Morning America.